Home Page: Meeting Minutes
March 7, 2013 Regular Town Board Meeting
Town of Dodgeville
Town Board Meeting Minutes
March 7th, 2013
1) Call to order. Town Chairman, Curt Peterson called the meeting to order at 6:00 p.m.
Town Supervisors in attendance were: David Gollon, Charlie Price, Dorothy Gullickson and David Blume. Also in attendance were Clerk/Treasurer Sara Olson, John Halverson, Brad Parkin, John Ziehr, Karen Trumpy-Ihus, Carrie Baumhover and John Pipal.
2) Approval of Public Notice/Agenda. Supervisor, Charlie Price made a motion to approve the public notice and agenda seconded by Supervisor, David Gollon. Motion carried.
David Blume made a motion to suspend the agenda and move to Item #8. David Gollon seconded the motion. Motion carried.
3) Discussion & possible action re: Plan Commission Recommendations. The Town Board discussed the petition in detail and the following motions were made:
David Gollon made a motion to recommend the approval of the rezoning application of 2.00 acres more or less from A-1 Ag to AR-1 located in part of the NE ¼ of the NW ¼ of Section 25, Town 7 North, Range 2 East located at 3434 Wittman Road currently owned by Karen Trumpy with the following conditions: notification must be made to the Township if a trailer is removed or falls in disrepair to the point that the use of the trailer changes and a driveway easement is required for the other two residence on the second lot. David Blume seconded the motion. Motion carried. Charlie Prices was opposed and voted no.
4) Discussion & possible action re: Driveway Variance – 3269 Evans Quarry Rd. Land Surveyor John Pipal who was representing Brad Parkin was present and indicated to the Town Board that there is not a need for a new driveway easement or maintenance agreement as the original one that was recorded would pertain to the entire legal description. The easement will also appear on the certified survey map. David Gollon made a motion that the Town Board accepts the current documentation and isn’t requiring any additional driveway easements or maintenance agreements and to have the county notify the township with the results of Item B of the Town’s recommendation. David Blume seconded the motion. Motion carried 3-1. Dorothy Gullickson abstained from the motion. Charlie Price was opposed. David Blume made a motion to have the Clerk/Treasurer keep the board updated on Item #A in regard to the pole shed (residence) meeting the Uniform Dwelling Code. David Gollon seconded the motion. Motion carried.
5) Discussion & possible action re: Paws Fur A Cause (April 6th, 2013). Carrie Baumhover presented information to the Town Board in regards to the Paws Fur A Cause event that would be utilizing Bea Ann Drive. Clerk/Treasurer Sara Olson indicated that a notice would be sent out in the utility bills to individuals that lived in the subdivision notifying them of the increased foot traffic on April 6th. Charlie Price made a motion to recognize the event. Dorothy Gullickson seconded the motion. Motion carried.
6) Public Comment. Clerk/Treasurer Sara Olson received a complaint from an individual in regards to an outside wood burner in the Military Ridge Subdivision. Dee Slaght was present at the meeting and indicated her concerns about the amount of smoke being produced and how it can affect people’s health. The Town Board had indicated that there currently is no ordinance in place in regards to outdoor wood burners. The Town Board indicated that they could send a letter to this individual letting them know of the concern and ask them to possible extend the chimney to help elevate the smoke, however the Township can only request this action be taken as we don’t have any ordinances on outdoor wood burners.
7) Discussion & possible action re: Hoses and Electric System of the International Plow Truck. Town Board Supervisor, David Gollon talked to the Town Board about the hoses and electrical system of the International plow truck due to a recent corroded wire that had caused a short in the International. David Gollon had indicated that the International would need new electrical wires in the future and it would cost between $5,000 and $8,000.00 and the current hydraulic hoses that are on the truck have about a 5 year life expectancy left before they will need to be replaced.
8) Discussion & possible action re: Fire Contract Negotiations. Town Board Supervisor, David Blume had indicated that he had contacted the Wisconsin Towns Association to determine the Townships options which included: buying fire trucks and having their own fire department, accept the contract or go somewhere else. The Town Board discussed the options in detail and expressed their opinions. Charlie Price made a motion to accept the contract as written. David Gollon seconded the motion. Motion carried. David Blume was opposed and voted no because of the misrepresentations made by the mayor, city attorney and fire commission; the failure of the City to negotiate in good faith to protect all taxpayers, and the fact that the Town residents should not have to pay for depreciation on vehicles purchased in-part with Town funds, and be billed twice for water, foam, and labor; and an overall disingenuous attitude toward fair negotiations.
9) Discussion & possible action re: Spring Clean-Up. The Town Board had requested that Clerk/Treasurer Sara Olson set up the Spring Clean-Up for 2013.
10) Approval of Meeting Minutes from February 5th, 2013. David Blume made a motion to approve the February 5th, 2013 minutes as presented. David Gollon seconded the motion. Motion carried.
11) Approval of Treasurer’s Report for General, Sanitary District #1, 2, and Tax Collection Account. Charlie Price made a motion to approve the Town of Dodgeville February 2013 Treasurer’s Report as submitted stating the following fund balances:
General Checking $ 6,395.56
Farmer’s Savings $ 137,375.24
M&I Tax Account $ 271,775.46
Local Government Investment Pool $ 6,965.63
M&I CD’s $ 50,717.41
Township Funds: $ 473,229.30
David Blume seconded the motion. Motion carried.
Charlie Price made a motion to approve Sanitary Districts #1 and 2 Treasurer’s Report as submitted stating the following fund balances:
Sanitary District #1 $16,111.25
Sanitary District #2 $ 9,342.01
David Blume seconded the motion. Motion carried.
12) Bills to be approved. Charlie Price made a motion to approve the March vouchers totaling $116,264.23. Dorothy Gullickson seconded the motion. Motion carried. David Blume was opposed to paying the fire contract invoice in the amount of $83,905.00.
13) Town Roads/Equipment Report. Clerk/Treasurer Sara Olson had indicated that the county has received a new fueling system and all the Town vehicles were programmed for keys for the system. The county hasn’t had off-road fuel located at their shop until just recent therefore the key for the grader, loader and mower tractor are currently keyed for off-road fuel versus regular diesel. Dorothy Gullickson made a motion to have the Iowa County Highway Department perform the necessary bridge inspections for 2013. David Blume seconded the motion. Motion carried.
14) Clerk/Treasurer Report. Clerk/Treasurer Sara Olson had indicated that she will be requesting to take vacation May 2nd thru May 9th. Town Board Chair, Curt Peterson had indicated that the Town Board would set the date for the Regular May Town Board meeting in April due to the Clerk being absent. Clerk/Treasurer Sara Olson also indicated that there will be an election held on April 2nd and the Annual Meeting would take place on April 16th.
15) Adjournment. David Blume made a motion to adjourn the meeting. Charlie Price seconded the motion. Motion carried.
Sara J. Olson, Clerk-Treasurer
November 11, 2020 Regular Town Board Meeting
October 26, 2020 Regular Town Board Meeting
October 14, 2020 Regular Town Board Meeting
October 6, 2020 Regular Town Board Meeting
September 1, 2020 Regular Town Board Meeting
August 4, 2020 Regular Town Board Meeting
July 7, 2020 Regular Town Board Meeting
April 21, 2020 Regular Town Board Meeting
March 3, 2020 Regular Town Board Meeting
February 4, 2020 Regular Town Board Meeting