Home Page: Meeting Minutes
March 4, 2014 Regular Town Board Meeting
Town of Dodgeville
Town Board Meeting Minutes
March 4th, 2014
1) Call to order. Town Chairman, Curt Peterson called the meeting to order at 6:03 p.m.
Town Supervisors in attendance were: David Blume, Dorothy Gullickson and Steve Johnson. Also in attendance were Clerk/Treasurer Sara Olson, Charlie Rolli, Terry Stampfl, Jeff Haylock and Shawn Steinmann.
2) Approval of Public Notice/Agenda. Supervisor, Steven Johnson made a motion to approve the public notice and agenda seconded by Supervisor, Dorothy Gullickson. Motion carried.
David Blume made a motion to suspend the agenda and move to Item #8. Steven Johnson seconded the motion. Motion carried. David Gollon arrived after this motion.
3) Discussion & possible action re: Proposals for Plow Truck Chassis & Body. The Town Board members discussed the tandem proposals that were received in detail. The Town Board also gave the two individuals who were present the ability to talk about their individual proposals that they had submitted to the Township. The Township took no action on the proposals as they will be sending out a new proposal to obtain pricing on a single axle dump truck with different options. No action taken.
4) Approval of Meeting Minutes from February 4th, 2014. David Blume made a motion to approve the February 4th, 2014 minutes as submitted. Steve Johnson seconded the motion. Motion carried.
5) Approval of Treasurer’s Report for General, Sanitary District #1, 2, and Tax Collection Account. David Gollon made a motion to approve the Town of Dodgeville February 2014 Treasurer’s Report stating the following fund balances:
General Checking $ 98,097.99
Farmer’s Savings $ 5,394.37
M&I Tax Account $ 344,753.75
Local Government Investment Pool $ 6,972.20
M&I CD’s $ 50,806.27
Township Funds: $ 506,024.58
Steven Johnson seconded the motion. Motion carried.
David Gollon made a motion to approve Sanitary Districts #1 and 2 Treasurer’s Report as submitted stating the following fund balances:
Sanitary District #1 $16,105.94
Sanitary District #2 $12,027.21
Steven Johnson seconded the motion. Motion carried.
6) Bills to be approved. David Blume made a motion to approve the March vouchers totaling $41,887.13. Steven Johnson seconded the motion. Motion carried.
7) Town Roads/Equipment Report. Town Patrolman, Charlie Rolli had indicated that everything is running smoothly in regards to plowing and the trucks. Town citizen Jeff Haylock indicated how pleased he was with the plowing this year. Clerk/Treasurer Sara Olson had also indicated that the Town Patrolman would be attending the herbicide/pesticide certification program that would be held at the UW Extension Office.
8) Clerk/Treasurer Report. Clerk/Treasurer Sara Olson handed out the final major class comparison document from the Department of Revenue. Clerk/Treasurer Sara Olson had indicated that Town Patrolman, Kevin Zajicek would be constructing the voting booths prior to election day and the election workers and the Clerk/Treasurer will be attending an election training in March put on by the Iowa County Clerk. Clerk/Treasurer Sara Olson had also asked for permission to attend the Wisconsin Hazardous Materials Awareness & Waste Disposal Training on April 10th and the Wisconsin Municipal Clerks Association District IV Meeting on April 14th. The Town Board had granted the clerk permission to attending the trainings.
9) Discussion & possible action re: Financing Option for Plow Truck. No action taken.
10) Discussion & possible action re: Blotz Bridge Project Update. David Gollon and Curt Peterson had indicated that they had met with the Department of Natural Resources and Jewell Associates at the Blotz Bridge location to discuss the different bridge options and concerns. The Town Board members indicated that Jewell Associates would be sending in the correspondence to request additional funding for the Blotz Bridge Project.
11) Discussion & possible action re: Spring Clean-Up. Clerk/Treasurer Sara Olson had indicated that she will be setting up the spring clean-up for the beginning of May or end of April. The Spring Clean-Up will be handled in the same manner as previous years and disposal fees will be collected on items as in the past.
12) Discussion & possible adoption re: 2014-284 2014 Budget Amendment. David Blume made a motion to adopt Resolution 2014-284 budget amendment transferring $19,487.27 from the Fund Balance account to the Highway Equipment Outlay account. Steven Johnson seconded the motion. Motion carried.
13) Discussion & possible action re: Sanitary District #2 Utilities (Water Mains & Laterals). The Town Board discussed the Sanitary District utilities in regards to the depth of frost and the possibility of freeze ups in the mains. No action was taken.
14) Public Comment. Clerk/Treasurer Sara Olson had indicated that she had received a letter from Mike Degenhardt in regards to the mining/zoning distance being shortened. Clerk/Treasurer Sara Olson had indicated that she would be contacting the individual to inform them that the change was done at the county level and the individual will need to contact them in regards to their concerns.
15) Adjournment. Steve Johnson made a motion to adjourn the meeting. Dorothy Gullickson seconded the motion. Motion carried.
Sara J. Olson, Clerk-Treasurer
July 7, 2020 Regular Town Board Meeting
April 21, 2020 Regular Town Board Meeting
March 3, 2020 Regular Town Board Meeting
February 4, 2020 Regular Town Board Meeting
January 28, 2020 Regular Town Board Meeting
January 7, 2020 Regular Town Board Meeting
December 3, 2019 Regular Town Board Meeting
November 25, 2019 Planning Commission Meeting
November 5, 2019 Regular Town Board Meeting
November 5, 2019 Special Town Meeting of the Electors of the Town of Dodgeville