Home Page: Meeting Minutes
April 16, 2013 Regular Town Board Meeting
Town of Dodgeville
Town Board Meeting Minutes
April 16th, 2013
1) Call to order. Town Chairman, Curt Peterson called the meeting to order at 6:20 p.m.
Town Supervisors in attendance were: David Gollon, Dorothy Gullickson and David Blume. Also in attendance were Clerk/Treasurer Sara Olson, Charlie Rolli, Kevin Zajicek, Stewart Schilling and Michelle Godez-Schilling.
2) Approval of Public Notice/Agenda. Supervisor, Dorothy Gullickson made a motion to approve the public notice and agenda seconded by Supervisor, David Gollon. Motion carried.
David Blume made a motion to suspend the agenda and move to Item #6. Dorothy Gullickson seconded the motion. Motion carried.
3) Town Roads/Equipment Report. Town Patrolman, Charlie Rolli indicated that he had a hydraulic line on the Peterbuilt repaired and that the RAM on the grader had got bent during one of the last snow storms and has since been repaired. The box of the International plow truck has some excessive rust in the interior of the box from the material and salt used on roads. Charlie Rolli had indicated that Hallada Motors received a Chevy 3500 Service Truck from the Village of Spring Green that has 56,000 miles, a plow, a sander and tool boxes in nice condition. The Town Board had indicated that the patrolman should request additional information in reference to this service truck. Clerk/Treasurer Sara Olson indicated that she had talked to a concerned landowner about a rut that was left in his yard by a Town plow truck on Veterans Pass. The Town Board had indicated that due to the rut is in the road right-of-way the Township will not be fixing the damages.
4) Public Comment. Charlie Rolli who was representing Pleasant Ridge Store inquired about the Township authorizing a Class C Wine License. The Town Board had indicated that they would need to check the requirements and obtain additional information in regards to this type of license from the state. Charlie Rolli had also inquired about the Township possible selling an old fuel pump that was in the shed.
5) Discussion & possible action re: Iowa County Humane Society Quadrupedal (Biking Event on May 5th, 2013). Stewart Schilling and Michelle Godez-Schilling presented information and maps in regards to this annual biking event. The route for this event was the same as in previous years. David Blume made a motion to recognize the Iowa County Humane Society Quadrupedal biking event taking place on May 5th, 2013. Dorothy Gullickson seconded the motion. Motion carried.
6) Discussion & possible action re: Sealcoating of Town Roads for 2013. Town Chairman, Curt Peterson indicated that he would like to sealcoat the following roads for 2013: James, Goldmine, Dyreson, Park Ridge, Savannah Terrace, Wittman and a portion of Nelson Road. Town Chairman, Curt Peterson also indicated that the Township would like to obtain a price for the paving of E. Anderson Road. David Gollon made a motion to send the sealcoating and paving projects out to bid with Curt Peterson working on the specifications with Clerk/Treasurer Sara Olson. David Blume seconded the motion. Motion carried.
Curt Peterson left the meeting at 6:40 p.m.
7) Approval of Meeting Minutes from March 7th, 2013. David Blume made a motion to approve the March 7th, 2013 minutes as presented. Dorothy Gullickson seconded the motion. Motion carried.
8) Approval of Treasurer’s Report for General, Sanitary District #1, 2, and Tax Collection Account. David Blume made a motion to approve the Town of Dodgeville March 2013 Treasurer’s Report as submitted stating the following fund balances:
General Checking $ 12,897.79
Farmer’s Savings $ 12,382.37
M&I Tax Account $ 271,763.27
Local Government Investment Pool $ 6,967.26
M&I CD’s $ 50,717.41
Township Funds: $ 354,728.10
Dorothy Gullickson seconded the motion. Motion carried.
David Blume made a motion to approve Sanitary Districts #1 and 2 Treasurer’s Report as submitted stating the following fund balances:
Sanitary District #1 $16,421.78
Sanitary District #2 $10,501.10
Dorothy Gullickson seconded the motion. Motion carried.
9) Bills to be approved. Dorothy Gullickson made a motion to approve the April vouchers totaling $28,344.61. David Blume seconded the motion. Motion carried.
10) Clerk/Treasurer Report. Clerk/Treasurer Sara Olson had indicated the Spring Clean-Up event would be held on May 11th. The Town Board rescheduled the regular Town Board meeting for May 14th, 2013. This meeting was then moved to May 16th to allow bids to be sent out for sealcoating and paving. Clerk/Treasurer Sara Olson also indicated that she would be on vacation from May 2nd thru May 9th.
11) Appointment of Plan Commission Member. No action taken.
12) Discussion & possible action re: Plan Commission Recommendations. The Town Board discussed the conditional use in detail and the following motions were made:
David Blume made a motion to recommend the Conditional Use Permit submitted by Bethel Horizons for Phase III – Art Venture Center and the possible future expansion of the proposed retreat center as illustrated on the map located at 4681 County Road ZZ in Section 26, 27, 34 and 35 all in T7N-R3E that is currently zoned B-2 and consists of 543 acres. Dorothy Gullickson seconded the motion. Motion carried.
13) Discussion & possible action re: Municipal Clerk’s Training (Green Bay). Clerk/Treasurer, Sara Olson presented information to the Board in regards to the municipal clerk’s training in Green Bay. The Town Board requested that the Clerk/Treasurer verify if you are allowed to skip a year or if the training has to be done consecutively.
14) Discussion & possible adoption re: Amended Resolution 2007-247 Resolution Authorizing a Town Board Supervisor to sign Town Checks. Dorothy Gullickson made a motion to adopt the Resolution authorizing Town Board Supervisor, David Blume to sign town checks if the Chairman and/or the Clerk/Treasurer are unable to do so. David Gollon seconded the motion. Motion carried. David Blume abstained from the motion.
15) Discussion & possible adoption re: Resolution 2013-280 2012 Year End Budget Amendments for Town of Dodgeville, Wisconsin. David Blume made a motion to approve and adopt Resolution 2013-280 2012 Year End Budget Amendments for Town of Dodgeville. Dorothy Gullickson seconded the motion. Motion carried.
16) Discussion & possible action re: Ridge Cap on Town Hall. Clerk/Treasurer Sara Olson presented the Board with prices from 3 contractors for the replacement of the existing roof cap. Town Supervisor, David Blume had indicated that there were mixed opinions in regards to the existing ridge cap from all contractors. David Blume had indicated that he would have Kevin Zajicek and himself go up and assess the exiting roof prior to making any decisions.
17) Discussion & possible action re: Amended Resolution 2008-109 Fire Calls in the Township of Dodgeville. The Town Board requested that Clerk/Treasurer Sara Olson draft up an Ordinance and a letter to be sent out to the land owners in regards to fire calls in the Township of Dodgeville. No action was taken on this resolution.
18) Adjournment. David Blume made a motion to adjourn the meeting. Dorothy Gullickson seconded the motion. Motion carried.
Sara J. Olson, Clerk-Treasurer
December 5, 2017 Regular Town Board Meeting
November 7, 2017 Public Budget Hearing
November 7, 2017 Special Town Meeting of the Electors of the Town of Dodgeville
November 7, 2017 Regular Town Board Meeting
October 16, 2017 Special Town Board Meeting
October 3, 2017 Amended Meeting Agenda
October 3, 2017 Regular Town Board Meeting
September 5, 2017 Regular Town Board Meeting
August 1, 2017 Regular Town Board Meeting
July 11, 2017 Town Board Meeting