Home Page: Meeting Minutes
November 16, 2015 Regular Town Board Meeting
Town of Dodgeville
Town Board Meeting Minutes
November 16th, 2015
1) Call to order. Town Chairman, Curt Peterson called the meeting to order at 5:02 p.m.
Town Supervisors in attendance were: David Gollon, Peter Vanderloo, David Blume and Steven Johnson (via speakerphone). Also in attendance were Clerk/Treasurer Sara Olson, Charlie Rolli and Jeffrey Haylock.
Everyone in attendance recited the Pledge of Allegiance.
2) Approval of Public Notice/Agenda. Supervisor, David Gollon made a motion to approve the public notice and agenda seconded by Supervisor, Peter Vanderloo. Motion carried.
3) Discussion & possible action re: Town of Dodgeville Employment Manual. The Town Board reviewed Section 3 – Employment Status and categories. No modifications were made to the employment manual. Town Chairman, Curt Peterson had indicated that the Obama administration has proposed changes to the Fair Labor Standards Act in regards to overtime and salaried employees and feels the Township should discuss the hiring of a labor attorney to see how these changes will affect the Town of Dodgeville.
4) Discussion & possible action re: Part-time Patrolman Positions. The Town Board discussed the part-time patrolman position and the handling of different types of situations such as tree call outs, snow removal and running of the roads. Town Chairman, Curt Peterson had indicated for tree call outs if the part-time patrolman isn’t currently working and it is during office hours the Clerk/Treasurer would go access the situation and put up signs until a patrolman can remove the tree from the road. Town Chairman, Curt Peterson indicated that he would be making the calls to the patrolmen and coordinating the snow removal. Curt Peterson also felt that the part-time patrolman should be running the roads once a week on Monday. The Town Board indicated that this individual would work a minimum of 24 hours per week but can work up to 40 hours and any overtime would need to be approved by the Town Chairman. The Town Board also discussed seniority and how seniority would be established based on the individuals communication abilities and previous experience. The Town Board emphasized the need to have one contact person. David Gollon made a motion to have Town Chairman, Curt Peterson be the point of contact and be in charge of the appointment of duties. Peter Vanderloo seconded the motion. Motion carried.
5) Discussion & possible action re: 2016 Ford 550. Clerk/Treasurer Sara Olson presented the Town Board with the quote from Madison Truck & Equipment that was requested at the November 3rd, 2015 meeting. David Blume made a motion to approve the purchasing and installing of the Go Light Stryker Spot Light, the Amber Mini Hi Lighter and the disconnecting of the body up alarm. Steven Johnson seconded the motion. Motion carried. David Blume made a motion to have Charlie Rolli work with Energy Unlimited to complete the chain stops for the fold down sides. Peter Vanderloo seconded the motion. Motion carried.
6) Discussion & possible action re: Iowa County Humane Society Contract. Town Supervisor, Peter Vanderloo gave feedback to the board in regards to the information that he obtained in regards to the Humane Society Contract and the Humane Society’s position on the contracts. The Town Board discussed the proposed 2016 contract and indicated concerns in regards to the contract and stray cats. Peter Vanderloo made a motion to accept the 2016 Humane Society Contract. Curt Peterson seconded the motion. Motion carried (3-2). The Town Board members indicated that they would like Clerk/Treasurer Sara Olson to continue with the current screening process once the information is received from the Humane Society and follow up on any discrepancies with the Humane Society. Town Board Supervisor, David Gollon had requested that Steve Johnson work on finding other options for the Township for 2017.
7) Public Comment. None
8) Adjournment. David Blume made a motion to adjourn the meeting at 6:26 p.m. David Gollon seconded the motion. Motion carried.
Sara J. Olson, Clerk-Treasurer
April 21, 2020 Regular Town Board Meeting
March 3, 2020 Regular Town Board Meeting
February 4, 2020 Regular Town Board Meeting
January 28, 2020 Regular Town Board Meeting
January 7, 2020 Regular Town Board Meeting
December 3, 2019 Regular Town Board Meeting
November 25, 2019 Planning Commission Meeting
November 5, 2019 Regular Town Board Meeting
November 5, 2019 Special Town Meeting of the Electors of the Town of Dodgeville
November 5, 2019 Public Budget Hearing