Home Page: Meeting Minutes
September 6, 2016 Regular Town Board Meeting
Town of Dodgeville
Town Board Meeting Minutes
September 6th, 2016
1) Call to order. Town Supervisor, Curt Peterson called the meeting to order at 6:01 p.m.
Town Supervisors in attendance were: David Gollon, Steven Johnson, David Blume and Peter Vanderloo. Also in attendance were Clerk/Treasurer Sara Olson, Randy Beerkircher and Michael Van Sicklen.
Everyone in attendance recited the Pledge of Allegiance.
2) Approval of Public Notice/Agenda. Supervisor, David Gollon made a motion to approve the public notice and agenda seconded by Supervisor, Peter Vanderloo. Motion carried.
Peter Vanderloo made a motion to suspend the agenda and move to Items #9. David Blume seconded the motion. Motion carried.
3) Discussion & possible action re: 2017 – Iowa County Humane Society. Michael Van Sicklen, a representative from the Iowa County Humane Society presented information in regards to pursuing a fixed-fee contract for the 2017 Humane Society Contract. It was indicated that for budgeting purposes the amount would be fixed and if at the end of the year there were less or more animals received a credit/debit would be received the following year. The Town Board had recommended that Clerk/Treasurer Sara Olson and Michael Van Sicklen work together to establish a fixed amount and bring it forward to the Town Board. Members of the Town Board had expressed concerns in regards to stray cats as no revenue is received and there are a lot of feral cats in the Town of Dodgeville. Michael Van Sicklen had also indicated that he was seeking support from municipalities in regards to looking into having a contract with the county to include the stray animals like many other counties versus each of the municipalities having individual contracts.
4) Discussion & possible action re: Budgeting of Equipment. The Town Board discussed the future purchasing of a new tandem plow truck in 2017 as well as the selling of the Peterbilt. The Town Board indicated that the Peterbilt will be utilized for the 2016-2017 plow season and requested a list of needed repairs be available at the next Town Board meeting. The Town Board also indicated that they need to get the discussion going for a new contract for a new tandem truck as it is a long process and takes several months.
5) Approval of Meeting Minutes from August 2nd, 2016. Peter Vanderloo made a motion to approve the meeting minutes from August 2nd as submitted. Curt Peterson seconded the motion. Motion carried. Steven Johnson and David Gollon abstained.
6) Approval of Treasurer’s Report for General, Sanitary District #1, 2, and Tax Collection Account. David Gollon made a motion to approve the Town of Dodgeville’s August 2016 Treasurer’s Report stating the following fund balances:
General Checking $ 220,846.64
Farmer’s Savings $ 5,415.33
M&I Tax Account $ 319,732.61
Local Government Investment Pool $ 7,003.33
M&I CD’s $ 50,865.52
Farmer’s Savings Tax Account $ 0.00
Township Funds: $ 603,863.43
Peter Vanderloo seconded the motion. Motion carried.
David Gollon made a motion to approve Sanitary Districts #1 and 2 Treasurer’s Report as submitted stating the following fund balances:
Sanitary District #1 $17,065.99
Sanitary District #2 $11,652.72
Peter Vanderloo seconded the motion. Motion carried.
7) Bills to be approved. David Gollon made a motion to approve the September 6th, 2016 vouchers in the amount of $14,848.89 with the removal of the payment from Sanitary District #2 to the City of Dodgeville. Steven Johnson seconded the motion. Motion carried.
8) Town Roads/Equipment Report. Clerk/Treasurer Sara Olson presented information in regards to the Survey Road project that is scheduled for design completion prior to 08/2019 and is to be constructed in 2020. Town Chairman, Curt Peterson updated the Town Board in regards to ditching performed on Green Leaf, ditching needing to be performed on Survey Road and the removal of rocks that were damming up the ponds on Green Leaf Glen.
9) Clerk/Treasurer Report. Clerk/Treasurer Sara Olson indicated that a new well pump was installed at the Town Hall and that the Town Office would be closed on Thursday, September 8th as she would be utilizing bereavement leave. Clerk/Treasurer Sara Olson shared the information she received from William Morgan in regards to the dissolving of the sanitary district.
10) Discussion & possible action re: Blotz Bridge. Clerk/Treasurer Sara Olson indicated a preconstruction meeting was schedule on Thursday, September 15th. The Town Board had requested that Clerk/Treasurer Sara Olson contact Jewell & Associates in regards to posting the road in advance of the closure to get people to start going around. Town Chairman, Curt Peterson had presented information in regards to the possible reimbursement of gravel to the Blotz’s for the gravel from the cattle crossing to the roadway. Steven Johnson made a motion to reimburse Tim & Laura Jean Blotz for up to 4 loads of gravel with the Blotz’s spreading the gravel themselves. David Gollon seconded the motion. Motion carried.
11) Discussion & possible adoption re: Resolution 2016-294 Transportation Resolution. Clerk/Treasurer Sara Olson presented a resolution received by the Wisconsin Towns Association in regards to transportation. Steven Johnson made a motion to adopt Resolution 2016-294 as presented. Peter Vanderloo seconded the motion. Motion carried. David Blume abstained.
12) Discussion & possible action re: September 29th Turnout for Transportation Event. Clerk/Treasurer Sara Olson presented information in regards to the Turnout for Transportation Event that would be held on September 29th and indicated that once a location is chosen in Iowa County the information would be forwarded to the Town Board members.
13) Discussion & possible action re: 2016 Fall Town & Village Workshop. Clerk/Treasurer Sara Olson presented the Town Board with information in regards to the 2016 Fall Town & Village Workshop that would be held on September 28th in Mineral Point.
14) Discussion & possible action re: Setting of In-Person Absentee Voting Hours for the November Election. Clerk/Treasurer Sara Olson and the Town Board discussed the setting of in-person absentee voting hours for the November Election. Clerk/Treasurer Sara Olson indicated the ballots would be available beginning on September 21st. Steven Johnson made a motion to have in-person absentee voting hours begin on September 21st and proceed until November 4th during regular posted office hours. David Blume seconded the motion. Motion carried.
15) Discussion & possible action re: Fall Clean-Up. The Town Board discussed the possible dates for the Fall Clean-Up. The event will be held on October 22nd, 2016 with the second choice being October 15th, 2016.
16) Discussion & possible action re: Software Maintenance Agreement (Transcendent Technologies). Clerk/Treasurer Sara Olson presented a software maintenance agreement from Transcendent Technologies for the tax program and pet licensing program. Steven Johnson made a motion to approve the software maintenance agreement with Transcendent Technologies. Peter Vanderloo seconded the motion. Motion carried.
17) Discussion & possible adoption re: Ordinance Chapter 30 Electronic Meeting Policy. David Blume made a motion to adopt the Electronic Meeting Policy as presented. David Gollon seconded the motion. Motion carried.
18) Public Comment. Clerk/Treasurer Sara Olson indicated the Township received a thank you letter from MHTC in regards to a 2017 Wisconsin Broadband Grant.
19) Adjournment. Steven Johnson made a motion to adjourn the meeting at 7:40 p.m. David Gollon seconded the motion. Motion carried.
Sara J. Olson, Clerk-Treasurer
May 15, 2017 Special Town Board Meeting
May 2, 2017 Town Board Meeting
April 19, 2017 Regular Town Board Meeting
March 27, 2017 Plan Commission Meeting
March 7, 2017 Regular Town Board Meeting
February 7, 2017 Regular Town Board Meeting
January 3, 2017 Regular Town Board Meeting
December 6, 2016 Regular Town Board Meeting
November 1, 2016 Regular Town Board Meeting
November 1, 2016 Special Town Meeting of the Electors of the Town of Dodgeville