Home Page: Meeting Minutes
October 4, 2016 Regular Town Board Meeting
Town of Dodgeville
Town Board Meeting Minutes
October 4th, 2016
1) Call to order. Town Supervisor, Curt Peterson called the meeting to order at 6:00 p.m.
Town Supervisors in attendance were: David Gollon and Steven Johnson. Also in attendance were Clerk/Treasurer Sara Olson, Randy Beerkircher, Kevin Zajicek, Brett Crook, Patricia Crook, Jeff Jacobson and Donald Ley.
Everyone in attendance recited the Pledge of Allegiance.
2) Approval of Public Notice/Agenda. Supervisor, Steven Johnson made a motion to approve the public notice and agenda seconded by Supervisor, David Gollon. Motion carried.
Steven Johnson made a motion to suspend the agenda and move to Items #8. David Gollon seconded the motion. Motion carried.
3) Dodgeville School District Referendum Update by Jeff Jacobson. Dodgeville School District Administrator, Jeff Jacobson presented information in regards to the additions and renovations that would be taking place in the Dodgeville School District with an estimated completion date of September 1st, 2017.
4) Plan Commission Recommendations. Steven Johnson made a motion to approve the conditional use application of Brett & Patti Crook for the purpose of creating a two lot certified survey map which is currently zoned AR-1 located in the W ½ of the NE ¼ of the SW ¼ of Section 14, Town 6 North, Range 2 East at 3731 Berg Road. David Gollon seconded the motion. Motion carried. Steven Johnson made a motion to recommend the approval of the rezoning application of 5.01 acres more or less from A-1 to AR-1 located in the SE ¼ of the SW ¼ of Section 3, Town 5 North, Range 3 East at 2481 Chris-Na-Mar Road currently owned by Donald & Pauline Ley with the contingency of the placement of 30 acres being placed in the conservancy district. David Gollon seconded the motion. Motion carried.
5) Town Roads/Equipment Report. Clerk/Treasurer Sara Olson presented information in regards to the needed mower tractor repairs and a stump in the road right-of-way on Wilson Road that is in need of removal. Town Chairman, Curt Peterson presented information from the Just Fix-It meeting that he attended on September 29th and indicated that the hill on Brennan Road needs to be crack filled.
6) Discussion & possible action re: Peterbilt. Clerk/Treasurer Sara Olson presented a list of repairs that were needed to be completed on the Peterbilt for the upcoming plowing season. The Town Board requested that the Peterbilt be sent to Guy’s for the needed repairs and to contact Don’s Tire in Highland in regards to obtaining a matched tire for the tire in need of replacement.
7) Discussion & possible action re: Survey Road Culvert Replacement Project. Town Chairman, Curt Peterson had informed the board of the estimated costs to complete the Survey Road Culvert Replacement Project and had indicated that he would like to try to get the project completed this fall if possible.
8) Approval of Meeting Minutes from September 6th, 2016. Steven Johnson made a motion to approve the meeting minutes from September 6th as submitted. David Gollon seconded the motion. Motion carried.
9) Approval of Treasurer’s Report for General, Sanitary District #1, 2, and Tax Collection Account. David Gollon made a motion to approve the Town of Dodgeville’s September 2016 Treasurer’s Report stating the following fund balances:
General Checking $ 204,247.89
Farmer’s Savings $ 5,415.33
M&I Tax Account $ 319,732.61
Local Government Investment Pool $ 7,005.85
M&I CD’s $ 50,865.52
Farmer’s Savings Tax Account $ 0.00
Township Funds: $ 587,267.20
Steven Johnson seconded the motion. Motion carried.
David Gollon made a motion to approve Sanitary Districts #1 and 2 Treasurer’s Report as submitted stating the following fund balances:
Sanitary District #1 $16,507.23
Sanitary District #2 $11,374.72
Steven Johnson seconded the motion. Motion carried.
10) Bills to be approved. David Gollon made a motion to approve the October 4th, 2016 vouchers in the amount of $102,537.73. Steven Johnson seconded the motion. Motion carried. Curt Peterson abstained in regards to the payment submitted for Ivey Construction and Curt Peterson.
11) Clerk/Treasurer Report. Clerk/Treasurer Sara Olson updated the board in regards to the November election and the training of the election worker’s which will be held on October 27th at the Iowa County Health & Human Service building.
12) Notice of Farmland Preservation Hearing. Clerk/Treasurer Sara Olson presented information in regards to the Farmland Preservation Hearing that was received from the Iowa County Planning & Development office.
13) Discussion & possible action re: Setting up of Budget Meeting. The Town Board indicated that they would schedule a Special Town Board meeting on October 17th @ 5:30 p.m. to discuss and work through the 2017 budget with the Public Budget Hearing and the Meeting of the Electors of the Town of Dodgeville to be held on November 1st @ 6:00 p.m.
14) Discussion & possible adoption re: Amended Resolution 2009-264 Town of Dodgeville Fee Schedule. The Town Board discussed the current fee schedule in regards to the costs for a zoning permit application and conditional use permit due to the increase in the Plan Commission Members per diem. No action was taken.
15) Public Comment. None
16) Adjournment. Steven Johnson made a motion to adjourn the meeting at 7:52 p.m. David Gollon seconded the motion. Motion carried.
Sara J. Olson, Clerk-Treasurer
March 6, 2018 Regular Town Board Meeting
February 6, 2018 Regular Town Board Meeting
January 2, 2018 Regular Town Board Meeting
December 5, 2017 Regular Town Board Meeting
November 7, 2017 Special Town Meeting of the Electors of the Town of Dodgeville
November 7, 2017 Public Budget Hearing
November 7, 2017 Regular Town Board Meeting
October 16, 2017 Special Town Board Meeting
October 3, 2017 Regular Town Board Meeting
October 3, 2017 Amended Meeting Agenda