Home Page: Meeting Minutes
May 15, 2017 Special Town Board Meeting
Town of Dodgeville
Special Town Board Meeting Minutes
May 15th, 2017
1) Call to order. Town Chairman, Curt Peterson called the meeting to order at 6:00 p.m.
Town Supervisors in attendance were: David Blume and Peter Vanderloo. Also in attendance were Clerk/Treasurer Sara Olson, Boyd Gibbons, Michael Dearing, Chuck Tennessen, Betsy D’Angelo, Carolyn Hahn, David Hahn, Marcia Peterson, Carl Thoreson, Wayne Jerrett, Gay Gibbons, Dietrich Miller and Ann Bachner.
Everyone in attendance recited the Pledge of Allegiance.
2) Approval of Public Notice/Agenda. Supervisor, David Blume made a motion to approve the public notice and agenda seconded by Supervisor, Peter Vanderloo. Motion carried.
3) Opening of bids & possible award re: 2017 Sealcoating. Clerk/Treasurer Sara Olson read aloud the two bids received by Scott Construction & Fahrner Asphalt. Peter Vanderloo made a motion to award the 2017 Sealcoating contract with pre-coat chips on Bell Road and Penny Lane to Scott Construction in the amount of $58,613.00 with the double seal option and intersection option to be negotiated by Town Chairman, Curt Peterson in the amount of $10,337.00. David Blume seconded the motion. Motion carried.
4) Discussion & possible action re: Resolution No. 2017-297 Opposing the Proposed Cardinal-Hickory Creek Transmission Line. Town Board Supervisor, Peter Vanderloo had indicated to the general public if they have question in regards to eminent domain relating to utilities they should refer to Chapter 32 of the State Statues. David Blume made a motion to adopt Resolution No. 2017-297 Opposing the Proposed Cardinal-Hickory Creek Transmission Line as presented. Peter Vanderloo seconded the motion. Motion carried.
5) Discussion & possible action re: 2018 Mack Financing & Peterbilt. Town Board Supervisor, David Blume presented financing options from Farmer’s Savings Bank for the financing of the 2018-Mack. The Town Board discussed the selling of the Peterbilt which would determine what term the Town would be looking at utilizing. Dave Blume made a motion to authorize the financing of the MACK with Farmer’s Savings Bank with the term to be determined and authorizes Town Chairman, Curt Peterson or Clerk/Treasurer Sara Olson to sign the loan documents when needed. Peter Vanderloo seconded the motion. Motion carried. Clerk/Treasurer Sara Olson indicated that she would present a Resolution authorizing the borrowing of funds for the purchasing of the 2018 – Mack at the June Town Board meeting. Peter Vanderloo made a motion to list the Peterbilt with the Wisconsin Surplus Auction with a tentative base price of $100,000.00 with the final bid being approved or denied by the Town Board with an ending date of the July Town Board meeting. David Blume seconded the motion. Motion carried.
6) Discussion & possible action re: Recycling Center Door. Town Board Supervisor, David Blume indicated that he had looked at the door and would be contacting part-time patrolman Kevin Zajicek in regards to the work that needed to be completed and would help re-pour the needed concrete to fix the recycling center door.
7) Public Comment. Town Chairman, Curt Peterson indicated that he received a call from Todd Novak in regards to hooking up to City Sewer/Water and indicated that the Town property would need to be annexed into the City if the Town chose to hook up. Town Chairman, Curt Peterson had asked that this item be placed on the June 6th Town Board meeting. Town Chairman, Curt Peterson indicated that the annual inspections of the Rule Quarry had taken place and no issued were found. Town Board Supervisor, David Blume had indicated that he did additional research in regards to the options that were available to the Town in regards to the liquor license renewal of the Log Inn.
8) Adjournment. David Blume made a motion to adjourn the meeting at 7:18 p.m. Curt Peterson seconded the motion. Motion carried.
Sara J. Olson, Clerk-Treasurer
February 12, 2019 Regular Town Board Meeting
January 2, 2019 Regular Town Board Meeting
December 4, 2018 Sanitary District #1 Board of Commissioners
December 4, 2018 Regular Town Board Meeting
October 17, 2018 Special Town Board Meeting
October 2, 2018 Regular Town Board Meeting
October 2, 2018 Sanitary District #1 Board of Commissioners
September 12, 2018 Regular Town Board Meeting
August 11, 2018 Planning Commission - Site Visit
August 7, 2018 Regular Town Board Meeting